I adapted the recipe from http://www .beyondsalmon.com/2006/09/honey-garlic-grilled-eggplant.html.
- Cut the brinjal into rounds, about .5cm thick each
- Smear some salt on either side and leave aside for 15 minutes
- Pat dry the rounds and keep aside
- Mix together the remaining ingredients in a bowl
- Graciously dip the rounds in this marinade and grill/cook on a tawa both sides of the rounds till golden. This was truly delicious. Loved the sweetness of the honey and the sharpness of the garlic.